Jonker Walk Melaka

The site where the city of Malacca stands today was the center of Malaccan history. It was the capital of the Malacca Sultanate and was the centre of the Malay world in the 15th and the 16th century after the Malays moved over from Sumatra and was the most prosperous EntrepΓ΄t and city of the Malay Archipelago before it fell to the hand of Portuguese in 1511. Centuries of colonization by the Portuguese, Dutch and the British as well as development of Straits Chinese (Peranakan) culture have influenced the architecture of the town, notably the Portuguese A Famosa, Dutch Stadthuys, and the Dutch, Chinese and British influenced traditional town houses.

Since the founding of Singapore in 1819, Malacca has been in decline as its port was silting up and Singapore and Kuala Lumpur have grown. Over the years, many Malaccans have moved to Singapore and Kuala Lumpur, the Malaysian capital.

After World War II, anti-colonial sentiment developed amongst Malay nationalists which led to negotiations with the British and eventually the announcement of Independence by Tunku Abdul Rahman, Malaysia’s first Prime Minister, at the Padang Pahlawan (Warrior’s Field) at Bandar Hilir, in Melaka on 20 February 1956.

Most tourist attractions are concentrated in its small city centre which encompasses Jonker Walk which houses Malacca’s traditional Chinatown that exhibits Peranakan architecture. A Famosa Fort, St. Paul Hill are among the tourist attractions located in the Bandar Hilir, old city area. There are also numerous shopping centres located nearby. The Malacca Straits Mosque is located here. There are numerous islands which include Pulau Upeh near Klebang Beach (currently undergoing reclamation works) and Pulau Besar.

foto: LensaMataHati

info:Source

GUILLEMARD BRIDGE

Guillemard Bridge wasΒ officially opened by HRH Sultan Ismail Ibni Almarhum Sultan Muhammad IV in 1925. The bridge was named after the British Governor and High Commissioner for the Straits Settlement at that time,Β  Sir Laurence Guillemard. Construction works for this railway bridge began in 1920 and was completed in July 1924.

In December 1941, in order to prevent the advancement of the Japanese army, this bridge, which then supported both trains as well as road vehicles, was deliberately destroyed by the British Armed Forces, who later retreated south to Kuala Krai. But the ruined bridge was later reconstructed, and opened again for traffic on September 7, 1948.

Today, this railway bridge is used only for trains, and makes up part of the ‘jungle railway’ line that runs from Tumpat in the north, to Gemas in the south (in Negeri Sembilan). SOURCE

KAHWINMALL – The official member

Ok guys. Now we’re the official member of Kahwinmall.com and we’ll advertise our service in a very short time. Stay tune for more updates and promotion from Lensa Mata Hati. A huge thanks(hugs) for fans out there.

Untuk melihat pakej fotografi kami di kahwinmall, anda boleh ke laman web tersebut dan segera menempah perkhidmatan fotografi perkahwinan atau apa sahaja perkhidmatan fotografi dari kami.

VISIT TERENGGANU – Where Nature Embrace Heritage

These are some pictures taken from our visit to Terengganu Darul Iman. Pictures included Kota Lama Duyong, Kenyir Lake, Traditional Terengganu boat and Nur Arfa Batik.

Coming Soon – New Customize PhotoBook